Monday, December 19, 2011

sunday workout

since the turkey trot, I've only run a few short times. sunday, I was able to get in a quick lift and short run. the lift didn't seem so strenous, but I when I work up this morning I was reminded that it had been a few weeks since I last lifted. it's a good feeling though!

I made up a quick treadmill workout that I really liked. 30 minutes of running, with every fourth minute (4, 8, 12, 16...) at an increased pace. I ran most of the "rest" periods at a 6.2 or 6.3 and the faster paced intervals at a 7.1 or 7.2. the 30 minutes went by really fast and it wasn't as hard (or I wasn't as tired) as I thought it would be. I think I'd like to do this workout again, but with two minutes on (at a 7.3) and two minutes off (6.3) or slightly higher paces.

No comments: