Thursday, December 29, 2011

the year of the marathon

As I've been reading other bloggers' recaps of 2011 and goals for 2012, I started to formulate my own. I know that I need specific, measurable goals, but I also want to be reasonable. I have a habit (at least in other areas of my life) of setting too many goals that I cannot possibly achieve all at once.

So, for now, my preliminarly list of 2012 running goals:

1. Run at least 12 miles per week
2. Run the Cap City Half in under two hours
3. Run a marathon (for sure! this is the year!)
4. Set a new 5K PR
5. Run a trail race

Additionally, I want to run at least one other half marathon and a few 10Ks. I'm working on a race calendar for the year, but a few dates are still up in the air because of possible weekend work committments.

Besides running, I want to make time to do some strength training each week. This means going to the gym at lunch (i.e., actually taking lunch, which is something I did not make time for between September and now).

Food-wise, I want to try new recipies and eat more fruits and veggies, including some new-to-me foods.

No comments: