Friday, November 30, 2012

Say YES to skinny jeans and yoga

I've been thinking a lot about how to say yes to all those things I want to do or how to say yes to things that I might normally think are not for me. As I get older, I keep thinking about how there's no time to waste. If I want to do something, then, really, just do it. Make it happen or at least don't be afraid to try it out.

Case in point #1: Yoga
A few years ago a colleague invited me to a yoga class at work. Even though I can barely touch my knees, I decided to try it. And, surprise! I loved it. Ever since then I've been thinking about how I should try it again, but I've always found a reason not to go. Until now. This week I finally got my act together, called a local yoga studio, and showed up for a yoga foundations class. I bought a new member package (6 sessions for $50) and got started. Done and done. And, after class the instructor even told me I had good form and asked me if I was a dancer (ha!). So glad I finally did this!

Case in point #2: Skinny jeans
Me in skinny jeans? No way. Really, I mean NO WAY. My body image issues and skinny jeans just do not go together. At all. Until a few weeks ago when I decided to try on a pair of (red!) skinny jean cords at Loft during one of the afternoon 50% off flash sales. Magic happened. Truly. I liked them. (Is this really me talking here?) They fit and looked ok, so I bought them, and I LOVE them. I feel amazing and confident in them. And now I'm just waiting until the next big 50% off sale to grab a pair of regular skinny jeans too. (Make your own skinny jeans.)

Lesson learned: say yes once in a while. You might be surprised.

1 comment:

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

Hi Angi! I just saw your name added to the Virtual run series... so glad you can join us! Did you receive an email from me? If not, can you also complete this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDFKY2FXV2taYnRfMmFuVEozSmdPQUE6MQ#gid=0 Thanks!