Saturday, February 11, 2012

making a commitment

Ok. It's time. Game on. I have just 12 weeks until the Cap City Half. I have big goals for this race and this year. Generally, I've been happy with my running so far in 2012, but I still haven't been as consistent or dedicated as I'd like to be. It's been much too easy to opt out of a run or workout, and I don't want that to be the case any longer. I know I am capable of meeting (and quite possibly exceeding) my goal of a sub-two hour half. I want to be completely prepared and as ready as possible for race day. I want to cross that finish line knowing that I gave every ounce of effort to my training and to the race itself. No regrets. I owe it to myself to make this happen, and I know that I can. I want it. I want it badly, but it won't happen without work. I'm hitting the motivation button right now. Right now. So, game on people. Game on.

No comments: